Plain Language meets Information Mapping®
Learn to write content in Plain Language and according to our Information Mapping® Methodology. After taking this course, you will master the skills to create content that readers can easily understand, act on and maintain.
Join others in this virtual and instructor-led Public Course!
- Date: March 18-21, 2024
- Duration: 4-day course from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm ET
- Course platform: Microsoft Teams
- Course language: English
- Contact: 781-547-3100 or email@example.com
Who should take this course?
Anyone in government, life sciences, finance, utilities, IT responsible for
Quality: simplify policies and procedures
Knowledge: create effective knowledge articles
Client services: improve information access time
Human Resources: write clear communications for employees
Learning and development: clarify onboarding documents and manuals
Bid Management: write winning proposals.
What you'll learn
In our Plain Language Public Course you will learn to
use Plain Language techniques such as writing short sentences and using simple words to create a clear message.
present information in a standardized way so your reader easily finds and understands the information.
engage your reader by using appropriate wording and writing style.
create modular and digestible information units.
apply the Information Mapping® principles to structure and sequence your document.
use our structured authoring tool FS Pro for Word. This add-in for MS Word is an efficiency tool that supports the Information Mapping® Methodology.
- Training Manuals: eBook is downloadable upon purchase. Printed book is available until 10 days prior to the course start date.
- Hands-on instruction and exercises led by an Information Mapping® Certified Instructor
- Writing in Plain Language Certification (upon successful completion of the exam)
- A 1-year FS Pro for Word Business license: our add-in for Word that helps you quickly and easily develop clear and user-focused documentation (To be installed prior to the course start date. Automatically renewed until cancelled.)
Note: Please click here to read Information Mapping's cancellation terms and conditions.
Registration Deadline: March 1st, 2024